• Your forum account has the same credentials as your game account!

Biannual "Any Update?" Thread

jay533

Level 35 Addict
Title basically sums it up, last release was late July/August, so technically it's been 8 months rather than 6. How are things going development wise, and what's currently being looked or worked on? I'm also very curious about what other players think about the current state of the game, particularly newer players.

OP
OP
jay533

jay533

Level 35 Addict
Well, considering it's been a month since this thread was created (and the fact that a game ruining bug that's stopping anyone from playing the game without paying with premium currency still hasn't been addressed), I guess it's safe to assume that either:
  • Development is on a hiatus/stopped.
  • Colin doesn't browse his game's forums anymore.
  • Colin lurks but doesn't post anything until it's out/fixed.
It's fairly unacceptable for any of these cases to be the truth, but especially insulting is the last one since people (including myself) have given money to support the development of this game, and frankly a 1 minute post saying that you've seen this and are working on it is far better than literally saying nothing and just assuming that people are okay with the current state of the game and lack of news (and, again, the bug that literally prevents people from playing the game). I suggest that anyone who is currently paying money to support the game to carefully consider if the current state of the game and behavior of the developer is worth the money you are spending.

The saddest thing is that these things have happened before and been addressed, but it seems like history repeats itself, but not for the better.

https://forum.adultwebsitetycoon.com/threads/news-updates.1093/

Colin

Big boss
Administrator
:
Likes Big boobs videos
Hey guys,

Colin here. I am deeply sorry for the current situation. I can't argue with the arguments you bring in.

To give the bad news right away: There isn't anything big coming. The game isn't under any kind of development right now, apart from keeping it up and running. That's why I'm extra bothered by the fact that I also failed to monitor the hourly processes. (which should now be fixed).

The reason? Real life interfering and feeling I had developed everything I wanted to. I will definitely run my mind about the future of AWT. If you guys have any idea's, please hit me up. Biggest problem is the lack of time.

Colin

Big boss
Administrator
:
Likes Big boobs videos
OK, just a wild idea here.

What if I fix a few annoying bugs and maybe add a few QoL features for now? Again biggest problem is time. But maybe you could help me address the most annoying stuff?

OP
OP
jay533

jay533

Level 35 Addict
OK, just a wild idea here.

What if I fix a few annoying bugs and maybe add a few QoL features for now? Again biggest problem is time. But maybe you could help me address the most annoying stuff?
To me the most annoying stuff is simply the lack of communication. While I am sad that there isn't anything big being developed, the part that makes me mad is not knowing. I get that this isn't a main job sort of thing, but just a 5 minute post about how things are going with you is far better than radio silence. You don't even need to have concrete stuff ready, just a general "what's up" instills confidence that at least you're here and not dead/in prison/in a secret bunker.

In terms of the actual game, I guess my problem is balancing, as currently it seems like the most economical way to earn money is to pump and dump new actors constantly rather than try to max them due to how their pay scales. For QoL you can probably add sorting for clothing buying, as currently you have to scroll through everything.

I will admit that my previous posts were a bit harsh, but that's because I am interested in the game and I do want to see it grow and succeed (and also because of the bug). That being said, if you're looking for higher community engagement, you might need to incentivize it somehow (like an alert within the game that directs to a survey that rewards something if you fill it out), as the typical player for these sort of games are not the type to care that much because its a casual browser game that doesn't require much effort to learn and play and thus aren't going to be invested enough to care.

stormdog

Level 36 Elite
As a sort of new player it sucks that development has basically stopped, but it is a brilliant game and I will continue to play.

What if you, Collin, ask in the forums if someone can help with coding and give them like a year worth of supporter features or something like that.