• Your forum account has the same credentials as your game account!

Accessibility help please

Orinks

Level 2 Newbie
Hi all,

This game is actually quite remarkable for accessibility thus far, screen reader accessibility.

I have ran into one major problem that might be an accessibility problem or I'm doing something wrong.

I am done recording my first video, however the drop down to select the categories after post-processing appears inaccessible. My screen reader is not reading the categories to choose from. It looks as though I can type stuff, however if I type solo and enter or whatever it does not add it.

I don't think cutouts is accessible either, but I just cut out empty parts, which I don't think there were any. But the category drop downs are an issue. Can they be modified such that they act like those in, say, girlfriend creation, which were totally accessible.

Thanks.

OP
OP
Orinks

Orinks

Level 2 Newbie
I was using Edge, but I've switched to Firefox. I have to remember which categories and tags my videos are supposed to have and type them in, I cannot choose them from a list.

How do I get video missions? I only have a personal mission to fuck a babe and can't find any. That's kinda generic anyways...

Schmuddel72

Level 42 Master
Supporter
For video and photoshoot missions go to the city menu. (i.e when you are in New York then "Visit New York").

There you will find in the context menu (the upper left corner) a button called "missions" for video missions and another called "model work" for photoshooting missions. Clicking it will show you a list of available missions.

OP
OP
Orinks

Orinks

Level 2 Newbie
I don't think screen readers work well with those kind of drop downs. It seems to prioritize typing in an edit area, so when I try and open it up and browse it like a drop down it just says "blank", because it only assumes the input part of it. This HTML input search drop down combo unfortunately is not part of accessibility web standards yet I don't think, but screen readers should really find a way to work with them.

veleskus

Level 21 Veteran
Hi all. I found another accessibility problem with a screenreader, when crafting clothing, you need to solve the grafical puzzle. It's not accessible at all. Maybe it can be changed somehow? It's not that important, because the game has a lot of things to do, but it would be nice)

siverd

Level 25 Veteran
Hi all. I found another accessibility problem with a screenreader, when crafting clothing, you need to solve the grafical puzzle. It's not accessible at all. Maybe it can be changed somehow? It's not that important, because the game has a lot of things to do, but it would be nice)
Hello! I agree with this point. I'm screenreader user too and i failed trying to create clothing, since it's impossible to resolve graphical puzzle with screenreader abilities. I tried NVDA and no chances, maybe is the way to view page code and change something there, but i'm not professional with it...

siverd

Level 25 Veteran
Hello! Also i'd want to ask some assistance for appoytments. To manage this process, we need to press blue button [one of the four possible buttons there] and gain some points for successful finish. I'd want to ask mark these buttons somehow like other buttons is made for more comfortable using this functionality with screenreaders.
Thanks for attention!

stormdog

Level 31 Addict
Hey guys, not sure if the players above using screen readers are still active, I use a screen reader as well and also struggled choosing video categories when you are done recording.

I use JAWS and figured out to use the combo alt + down arrow to open the dropdown box, when it says 1 of 1, close it and immediately enter on the dropdown box again, the categories will now read out as normal. Enter to select your category and repeat the steps for the second category and the tags.

Most of the game is pretty accessible except for a few things here and there but it doesn't make the game unplayable or anything like that. This is tied for my favourite game at the moment along with Pitwall.

Cheers